Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

The first storybook I chose is the Storybook of Horror.  I'm not a dark person but I absolutely love to watch scary movies.  I enjoy the thrill of being scared and having my adrenaline rush!  The title of this storybook caught my attention because of the word "Horror".  I instantly clicked on it and was even more intrigued by the pictures as the graphically but with taste depicted a horror story.  At first I thought this storybook would be cheesy horror stories such as the "Scary Movie" collection.  However, after reading the titles of the stories and a couple of sentences of each they seem to be actual horror stories.  Some of my favorite fictional books to read are murder mysteries so I am looking forward to reading from this storybook!

Friends: The One With All The Stories originally caught my attention by the title.  I assumed it was a storybook about one person in a group a friends that constantly told stories.  This reminds me of myself because out of my friend group I am the one who is always telling a story about something!  When I clicked on the link it had a picture and storyline based off the TV show Friends.  This made me even more excited because I love that TV series.  I also liked the yellow and gray colors of the website because it made reading the story easy to see.  This storybook seems like a fun and energetic storybook which is completely different from the previous storybook I chose, Storybook of Horror.

I also chose Tales of Beauty and The Beast as another storybook of interest.  I loved that story growing up as a child.  The movie was also one of my favorites as a little girl.  I always thought I was Belle out of all the Disney Princess' because she had brown hair like I do.  The pictures on this website were very pretty and detailed.  I also liked that there was an authors note after every section of the story.  This is very helpful on seeing the authors point of view.  I am interested in seeing how the author creates a new story about a very well known children's story.

1 comment:


  1. Hi Cobi, although I wasn’t much of a scary movie fan or even going on roller coasters. As a matter of fact anything to do with thrill or adrenaline I didn’t enjoy at all. But being married now to my wife who is very much like you who in a weird way enjoys the thrill of being afraid, I now to enjoy watching scary movies a lot more than I thought I would actually. I also read the one with all the stories because of the title too. It just makes you wonder how many stories will you come across and how will this be incorporated together in this story.

    ReplyDelete