Monday, November 3, 2014

Essay Week 12: Writing Experience in School



I can remember writing stories and poems all the way back in the third grade.  In elementary school and middle school, writing was a creative outlet.  Most of the assignments were to use your imagination and create story after story that was fictional.  When I began high school, I began to broaden my writing skills.  My classes began to read books that were non-fiction and some fiction that we would have to write analysis papers on.  Also in high school, I learned to write research papers and bibliographies.  I really loved to use my imagination and write the fun creative stories but learning how to write the other types of writing expanded my knowledge on different levels.  When I entered college I used my prior experience in writing to succeed in newer styles.  I learned to write an argumentative essay, which is very useful outside of school.  This style of writing has helped me argue my case in a clearer more professional manner.  The research papers have always provided me with knowledge of the particular topic that was researched but because of the amount of time spent researching, I retained that information thoroughly.  The most important thing that has come to writing is the better I am at writing, the better I am at speaking.  I grew up in a very small southern town where grammar and proper word usage is not common on a daily basis.  After going through several English courses I have learned the basics to writing.  Other classes, such as history, science, religion, and psychology have taught different ways I can use my writing skills.  I enjoy writing assignments and I think that all of the papers or stories I have had to write will make an impact on my future.  I feel prepared to right my essays and succeed in an interview process when going through the application of graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment